Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Here's to a New Year and a Fresh Start!

This year has definitely been one of ups and downs for me, as most of you know. The year started on a low note and proceeded to oscillate between ok times and bad times. Through it all, I feel I've grown stronger as a person. I've learned so much about life and myself through blogging. I was also able to re-connect with a lot of old friends who I haven't been able to talk to in a very long time.

I participated in the arusuvai chain in the US, won the first round of the open sesame contest (created by Dhivi and Siri), and enjoyed participating in many blog events. Along the way, I've discovered many new bloggers and am constantly inspired by all of you.

I introduced the blog to family members and have even gotten marks of approval on many of my recipes! What more validation could a blogger want, right? I'm glad that they are also able to share this side of me and look forward to creating more recipes from their input, too.

2008 was overall a trying, but inspiring year for me and I am looking forward to a much better 2009! I would like to thank all of you for sharing in the good and bad times I've had this year. I look forward to blogging more and learning more from each of your blogs.

I wish each and every one of the readers of Samaithu Paarkalaam a very happy, healthy, and prosperous new year 2009!

And now, a small greeting from me to you...

40 comments:

Shama Nagarajan said...

hai happy new year.......u have nice collection of recipes........

Usha said...

Wish you a bright and beautiful 2009, Happy new Year !

bee said...

wish you a wonderful 2009, dear kalai.

Cham said...

Wish you a Wonderful, Peaceful and Prosperous New Year 2009!

Lavanya Raj said...

Wishing You Very Happy New Year Kalai.....

Anonymous said...

Happy New year Kalai!!!

indosungod said...

Kalai, Wishing you a Very Happy and Prosperous New Year!

Uma said...

Wishing you and your family a wonderful New Year 2009!

Laavanya said...

Happy New Year Kalai.. looking forward to another fun year with you :)

Red Chillies said...

Hugs to you dear Kalai. I hope this year brings you lots of happiness and that your wishes are fulfilled.

Happy New Year.

Sunshinemom said...

Happy New Year! Looking forward to some more yummy goodies:)

Raaga said...

happy new year! Keep posting :-)

Daily Meals said...

Happy new year 2009 Kalai!

Archy said...

Hey, Have a blasting New year with new recipes !!

Sig said...

Dear Kalai, wish you a happy and healthy 2009!

Deepa Hari said...

Hi Kalai

Wish you a very Happy new year!

Srivalli said...

Dear Kalai..Wish you a great year...looking fwd to many lovely treats from you...

Malar Gandhi said...

Happy New Year!

Shobana senthilkumar said...

Hi kalai,
wish u and ur family a happy new year:)

Mandira said...

Happy New Year to you and your family Kalai!

Richa said...

wish you a wonderful 2009!

AnuSriram said...

Wish u a happy and prosperous new year!

Sharmi said...

Wish you a very Happy New Year Kalai!!

Anonymous said...

I've got an award waiting for you at my blog...pick it up :)

Gita Jaishankar said...

Wish You a Very Happy New Year :)

FH said...

Happy new year to you too Kalai, good to be back! :))

Adlak's tiny world said...

Wishing u a very Happy New Year kalai.. happy blogging too.

Miri said...

Happy New Year Kalai! Looking forward to some great cooking from your blog! :)

DK said...

You are like a breath of fresh air...I mean for someone who has been bought up in this country - ur tamil is perfetto! How do u do it - whoever did a job on ur with ur tamil did an exemplary job! Hats off to you dearie :)

U make me want to improve my tamil!-

AnuSriram said...

Hope you too had fun celebrating pongal. What happened to your postings this year?
Start posting your recipes soon kalai. Waiting for them.

Cham said...

Hey, where is the next post! Hope u re doing great. Happy and Prosperous (probably Mattu) Pongal to you and your family.

Madhavi said...

Happy New year to too and ur family kalai!!!

DK said...

when are u coming back to blogging dearie - too much MIA in not good for our health ;)

For your query for Kadambam rice - - I guess you can make a substitiute with moong although I have not tried making Kadambam that way! But lentils always taste yum! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey....where have u disappeared? Hope alls good.

DK said...

mm..knock knock! :)

sa said...

Nice collection of receipes.

Please do add your receipes to www.newspaanai.com.

IT is a tamil social bookmarking website. For easy adding of your articles to the website with a click of the button please visit

http://www.newspaanai.com/easylink.php

Anonymous said...

Hey Kalai...when will you be back dear? The blogosphere is missing you :) Hope things are well.

Lavanya Raj said...

Hi Kalai..Hope You are fine! Resume Blogging Soon..

AnuSriram said...

I have something for u in my blog! Pls accept!

Raaga said...

Long time no see... hope all is well.